Varsity tennis girls lose against Atascadero

Anasticia Medearis and Patricia Slason work together and blow their opponents off the court, 6-0 and 6-2.

Another loss goes to the varsity tennis girls by the Atascadero Varsity team girls

By Jasmine Romero, Art Director

Varsity tennis girls battle on the courts with Atascadero High for more than two hours at home. However, they took another hard loss of 3-6 on Sept. 14, 2018 by the time the afternoon was over.

Anasticia Medearis, senior, the number one single player, scored 1-6 and 1-6 against the number one single player for Atascadero High. Meadearis and Patricia Slason teamed up after, as a doubles team, and served one of the three wins for the Bearcats of 6-0 and 6-2.

Livia Rambo’s, senior, battled her first set of the match. She persisted with slicing skills and powerful serves and took the win for the Bearcats with scores of 6-1 and 6-0.

Later on in the match, Lainey Callahan, freshman, debuted in varsity number one doubles, with Livia as her partner. The doubles partners ended up losing 0-6 and 0-6 however.

Lainey Callahan, freshman

“It was a scary and new experience playing as number one doubles. However, I learned a lot from it,” Callahan reported.

Senior, Alicia Myrick, had a close win with her opponent, Atascadero’s number four single player of 1-6 and 2-6. Myrick fought long and hard, ending up as the longest set played of the singles match. She didn’t play a doubles set, but cheered her fellow teammates on for a win.

In the end, the team lost against Atascadero High by 3-6, compared to their loss against them, 5-6 on Tuesday, Aug. 21, 2018.