Varsity Girls Soccer Battles Out Final Match of the Season

Bearcats lose to Righetti Warriors in the first round of CIF
Lila+Colegrove%2C+freshman+on+Girls+Varsity+Soccer%2C+crosses+ball+for+opportunity+at+goal.+
Rogelio Molina
Lila Colegrove, freshman on Girls Varsity Soccer, crosses ball for opportunity at goal.

Girls Varsity Soccer lost 3-4 at home in a playoff match against the Righetti Warriors. Varsity girls are 9-0-1 in league, putting them in first for the Sunset division. 

Stands full with local fans and family, set excitement in the air to support the bearcats on this determining match. 

First half of the game started off slow without much attacking pressure. As the half progresses momentum begins to build for the Bearcats as they put solid attack on the goal. The Varsity Girls eventually get a shot off into the goal after a corner which was thought to put the Bearcats in the lead. Referee calls back the goal back based off of a previous foul before the shot took place. This leaves the game at a score of 0-0 going into the second half of the game. 

Hannah Bourgalt takes a freekick, putting attacking pressure on Righetti’s defense.

Hungry for the goal, early in the half Senior Hannah Freygang (12) scores putting the Bearcats in a lead 1-0. This lead was not kept for too long as the Righetti Warriors continued to put pressure on goal. Warriors soon scored, tying up the game 1-1. Intensity continues through the second half fighting to see who will become victorious by the end of the match. With no other goals scored in the second half, the game transitions to overtime. 

Both teams play defensively during overtime giving up no more goals for either side. This now led into penalties which would determine the match. 

Paso makes an effort by scoring two of five penalties, yet the Warriors finish with the win making three of the designated five penalties. This loss put the Bearcats in an overall record of 17-4-5 to close out this season.