STUNT strikes down Greyhounds and Hawks

Bearcat stunt wins scrimmage double header against Atascadero Greyhounds, 17-8, and the Liberty Ranch Hawks, 18-10.

The Bearcat varsity Stunt team celebrated two scrimmage victories against the Atascadero Greyhounds and the Liberty Ranch Hawks, 17-9 and 18-10, on April 6, 2023. The current record so far in the  league season is 3-1 with one loss to the San Luis Obispo Tigers. Captains Miranda Martinez, Casey Clements, Elizabeth Pimentel, and Claire Wells represented the team along with coaches Vanessa Espinoza and Jennifer Martinez in the opening coin toss losing it to the hounds while winning it against the Hawks 

At the the top: The ladies performing pyramid and tosses level 3, which is considered to be medium difficulty

Previous
Next

Paso played Atascadero earlier in the season on March 8, 2023, for mountain league, winning 15-8, and while this game was just a scrimmage the ladies still fought hard.

The energy on the sideline was just as important as the routines on the mat and tonight we had amazing teammates who kept the athletes on the mat going so they could perform just as well as we did

Captain Wells
Partner Stunts captain

The Hawks played the Bearcats previously in 2019, with the Bearcats losing to the opposing team by a single point. Both teams put out their routines playing the entire spectrum: one (being the easiest routine) six (being the hardest), with Paso scoring both times in the level six’s played, in partner stunts and pyramids and tosses.
The up and coming scrimmages for Paso are April 15, 2023 playing another double header against the Saint Joseph Knights, who the Bearcats have already played for in league 17-7, and the Minarets Mustangs.

Photos by: Jade Wanger