Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Taking Down The Wolf Pack

Boys Varsity Soccer drag down the Ridgeway Wolf Pack with a 3-1 win

As the sun set along the back side of Paso Robles High School’s field on December 13, the familiar sounds of cheering and shouting could be heard over Paso Robles. Varsity boys soccer took the field, ready to defend their territory as they faced off the ferocious Ridgeway Wolf Pack.

The game started off with a goal in the first half coming from #21, sophomore Elijah Hernandez for the Bearcats. By halftime the score remained at 1-0, with the Bearcats in the lead. After a quick break, the boys were ready to keep a grasp on the winning streak. After twelve minutes in the second half, junior Manuel Gutierrez scored on a free kick. Seven minutes later, senior Efrain Ontiveros scored against Ridgeway on a header. The Bearcats remained with a three point lead for the majority of the second half until Ridgeway scored one final goal.

The game finished with the Bearcats in a two point lead, securing the win over Ridgeway high school.

“I was happy we came out with a win against an undefeated D1 team and handed them their first L of the season,” said Ontiveros.

“Everyone put in their fair share and I couldn’t ask for a better outcome. Except maybe the one goal they scored, but an overall success for our team,” said captain Jordan Kepins following the game. The team will play Clovis West next, away on December 15, 2022.

Previous
Next