Bearcats and Eagles battle in their latest Cross Country Meet

Bearcat Cross Country competed on Saturday, Mar. 20, 2021 at Arroyo Grande High School. The Eagles and Bearcats ran a 2.0-mile course around the highschool and track. Paso Robles High School’s men and women’s cross country teams were defeated by the AG Eagles. 

With Bearcats coming in third, fifth, eighth, tenth, and eleventh, the women’s team lost 37 to the Eagles’ 20 points. Charlotte Castelli was the top finisher for the Bearcats with her time of 11:30.84. The junior ended up five seconds behind second place and thirteen seconds behind the Eagle runner that got first place. Senior Madi Loff placed fifth with her time of 12:09.72, and sophomore Sydney Moore finished eighth with her time of 12:43.02, only milliseconds placing her ahead of another racer. Junior Sophia Berry and senior Jaiden Anguiano came in tenth and eleventh place with times of 12:56.19 and 12:59.24, respectively.

When PRHS’s men’s cross country team faced off against Arroyo Grande they ended up with a total of 47 points to the Eagles’ 16. Junior Cameron LeClair kept Arroyo Grande from sweeping the top five with his fifth-place finish and time of 10:25.00. Senior Ethan Short placed ninth with a time of 0:49.59 with teammate and sophomore Diego Ortega coming in behind him milliseconds later with a time of 10:49.94. Sophomore Joseph Martinez finished with a time of 10:57.03 in fourteenth place and junior Manuel Cruz Cavero came in after him with a time of 11:10.94.

The Bearcats will be running in their last cross country meet in Atascadero on March 27.