Track and Field Athletes move on from League Semi-Finals

Mens Varsity 4×400 meter handoff

Mountain League Track Finals will take place this Thursday, May 5, 2022 at Paso Robles High School.  This meet will be the second part of the league finals event for track and field.  Last Thursday, April 28, 2022, over 50 track and field athletes competed in the prelim league track meet with the goal to qualify for league finals. (Note: Some athletes had previously qualified by receiving a CIF qualifying mark previously in the season)  Some notable events and athletes for this Thursday are as follows:

From right to left: Charlotte Castelli (12), Sadie Wagner (10), Sydney Moore (11) race in 800m

Varsity Girl’s 1600 and 3200:  PRHS has three qualifying athletes sophomore Sadie Wagner, junior Sydney Moore, and senior standout Charlotte Castelli, who currently holds the meet record set in 2019 at 5 minutes and 14 seconds.  Castelli is currently in second place in the Central Coast Athletic Conference. Additionally both Castelli and Moore have qualified to run in the 3200m (2 mile).

Lucy Pritchard leads her 100m race

Varsity Girl’s Sprints 100m and 200m:  Junior, Lucy Pritchard qualified for both events in 4th and 6th place respectively.  Lucy Pritchard also will be competing in Varsity girls long jump.

Pritchard uses her pike to soar farther in long jump

Varsity Girl’s Pole Vault:  Sophomore Peyton Bedrosian, currently ranked number one going into the meet in the Central Coast Athletic Conference. She will also compete in long jump for the bearcats.

Some other qualifiers for Varsity Girls Track and Field include: sophomore Kalani Gaviola in 5th place in the 400m, sophomore Neveah Dyer in shot put, and sophomore Rylie Helberg in both the 100m and 200m races- 8th and 7th places respectively.

On the Boy’s side there were many athletes competing for qualification in the Mountain League finals. In the Boy’s 1600 senior Cameron Leclair led the way placing 9th at the preliminary meet, (he had previously qualified for finals by time).  Leclair also qualified for the Boy’s 3200m race and 800m race.  Leclair will be joined by teammate junior Tristin Poggi in the 800m, as he qualified with a 9th place at the prelim meet last week.

Lecliar (left) races against teammate Poggi (right) in the last 50 m of the 800 m race

Junior Ben Limpin will compete in both Varsity Shot Put and Discus this Thursday alongside the following other Varsity throwers: junior Derek Tidwell and junior Anthony Tabarez.

Come out and root on our running, jumping, vaulting, throwing, hurdling Bearcats at the Mountain League Finals meet this Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 3:30pm.