Bearcats swim to second place

Bearcat boys and girls swim teams both brought home second place at annual relays for the second year in a row.

On Mar. 2, 2019 both Boys and Girls Bearcat Swim Teams brought home second place at the annual SLO Relays.

Making it the second varsity swim meet, it proves to be a promising season ahead. Boys 4 x 100 relay team including Tre Eade, Jasen Line, Elijah Hanhour, and Josh Picard made CIF time qualifying with an unofficial time of 2:56.

“Knowing that our PRHS swim team got second place so early in the season makes me so excited for what we can do at league! We have so many fast girls and boys this year that we have so much potential that I feel like we are going to surprise a lot of people throughout the season,” said Kendall Moffitt.

Moffitt is a sophomore on the Varsity swim team who is currently seeded second in her sophomore division, hoping to break new records this season. Additionally, Holly DiSimone – a freshman on varsity – broke two meet records on Saturday, Mar. 9, 2019 at the Frosh/Soph at Arroyo Grande High School.

The next swim meet will be the Bearcats’ only home meet against Atascadero on Mar. 13, 2019 at Municipal Pool in Paso Robles.