Wednesday Night Lights

Boys Wrestling loses to Righetti in nail biting meet

Varsity Bearcats Wrestling team took on Righetti High School and lost, but not without putting up a fight. The meet started off in the Warriors’ favor with a won coin toss and they capitalized coming out strong, dominating the first match. Paso retaliated in the second match with Jacob Marmolejo, taking down his opponent in the 113 lb bracket leaving the team scores 6-5 with Paso up after the first two matches. Furthering the lead was Peyton Kilber and Porter Tanner who brought the teams scores to an 18-11 advantage for the Bearcats.

By the tenth match, the score was 24-27 with the Warriors up. Every point mattered by now. In the most exciting match of the night, Cameron Gonzales faced off against his opponent with goal of making up for lost ground. After a rocky start Gonzales was able to turn the tide for the better and throw his opponent but he recovered shortly after. Then in a new period a solid lock did the trick and Gonzales was able to win the round, evening the score to 27-27.

The bearcats then had 2 forfeitures causing lost points, and in a following a flip flop of the lead Righetti was able to come out on top.