Rebounds and Reflections

Girls Basketball hosts their final home game of the season to celebrate nine seniors
All nine seniors (left to right) Nevaeh Dyer, Kayli Ruano, Samantha Kee, Leila Barela, Madi Hall, Riley Milder, Georgina Abreu, Amaya Contreras, and Marlie Thompson

Nine seniors say goodbye to their final high school basketball season with a victorious last home game against Santa Maria Saints, ending with a score of 54-47 on January 30, 2024. Four of the nine seniors reflect on their most improved skill areas and favorite memories from playing Bearcat basketball over the past four years.

Point Guard Amaya Contreras has been on Varsity for two years and has plenty of favorite memories but her all time favorite was their game vs Righetti in 2022, her sophomore year.

“I think that game was just the best I’ve ever played because of the confidence that had grown throughout the season,” Contreras said.

On the other hand, four year Varsity player Naveah Dyer shares one of her biggest improvements has been her “shooting and then rebounding” after a shot from the opposing team or her own. Dyer currently leads the team in the percentage of free throws made, 78%.

As of Feb. 2nd, the team is third in Sunset League with three games remaining in the regular season.