Lady Bearcat’s Senior Night

The Women’s Varsity Water Polo team lost 7-13 to the Morro Bay pirates on 10/19/21.

Senior Team Captain Allison Hernandez, one of the team’s more dominate scoring players was unable to participate during the team’s annual Senior Night for being on academic probation. Another former teammate, Maya Monferatto was also excluded from the game do a concussion she received a few days before the contest. This caused seniors Ava Hughes and Kaitlyn Hebrard to step up and help guide the rest of their team throughout the game.

“If we had all of our seniors I think we could of communicated better and beat them like we did earlier in the season.” said Hughes.

Diving into the game, sophomore Sienna Lowry (#4) scored a total of 4 goals along with teammate junior Leanna Reed (#16) with 2 goals and sophomore Tiffany Santoro (#12) with 1. Senior Kaitlyn Hebrard (#1) had 13 saves making that a career total of 290 which puts her on track to beating the national record of 299 saves in single season.

Although the bearcats lost this game, they are currently in 4th place behind Arroyo Grande, Atascadero, Righetti, and Morro Bay. The Bearcats still look to battle for the first place spot in league and qualify for CIF during their end-of-the-league tournament on Oct 25, 2021.

Varsity Women’s 2021-2022 Water Polo Seniors

Kaitlyn Hebrard (Goal Keeper)

Ava Hughes (Driver, outside shooter)
Allyson Hernandez (2m/Set)
Maya Monferrato (Driver/outside shooter)