Volleyball loses their first home league games

Senior Avery Testerman serving to SLO.

This past Wednesday and Thursday Sep. 29 and 30, the Paso Robles Bearcat varsity women’s volleyball team had two devastating losses to Mission Prep and San Luis Obispo. On Wednesday, the Bearcats played an endless 5 set game against Mission Prep and lost in the final set 2-3. The Bearcats took home the first two sets winning the first one 25-15, and the second one 25-20, but after that the Bearcats couldn’t keep their momentum going and lost the next three sets all within five points. Having to forget about the tough loss to Mission, Paso moved on to Thursday’s game against SLO. SLO has proven to be a dominant force being 4-0 so far in league and as a result, Paso ended up getting swept, losing 0-3 as they fought hard but fell short in the end. Although Paso lost to SLO the crowd definitely showed up for Paso, yelling in excitement after every time they scored a point. The crowd brought an electric and energetic presence to the court that helped the Bearcats stay focused and fight hard.

Although the Bearcats lost against Mission, team captain, senior Jenna Tatman #13 felt like “[they] all came together and had trust in each other while [they] played.”

“I feel that we did ok [against SLO] but I’ve definitely seen us play better but I think that we played as a team and worked hard,” Junior Kylie Stroud #5 said.

Next Bearcat home game, Tuesday October 5 @6:00pm vs. Arroyo Grande Eagles.