Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Meet fall season student athletes

Watch them balance academic career with sports achievement  

[cbtabs][cbtab title=”Hannah Chambers”]

Junior volleyball athlete Hannah Chambers.

Hannah Chambers  

Junior Hannah Chambers is an AP student, volleyball, soccer and softball player. She conveyed her biggest struggle in putting in 100% on and off the field.    

”Having enough hours in the day to juggle everything is tough. It’s a huge priority to keep my grades up and to be able to play sports.” Chambers said.

Her daily routine is made more full by practices and games limiting her time to spend socializing with friends, but she is sure that sanity is possible within all of the chaos 

”With doing multiple sports, it’s difficult sometimes to find free time. Most people say it’s impossible for a multi-sport athlete to have a social life but it really isn’t” Chambers said.

From her struggles, Chambers offers some advice for others with busy schedules. 

“Always keep working hard, it sounds clichè but it’s true. If you want to get to the next level in sports you have to also be committed to your education.” 

After a week’s worth of hard work, Chambers finds peace and enjoyment spending time with those she’s close with. Two of Chambers’ friends remarked on her attitude as a friend as well as an athlete. 

Juniors Sasha Baer and Jaiden Anguiano.

“Hannah is a really good athlete and is supportive of others on and off the court” juniors Jaiden Anguiano and Sasha Baer  [/cbtab] [cbtab title=”Ethan Wright”] 

Junior football athlete Ethan Wright.

Ethan Wright 

Junior Ethan Wright is a football athlete, who plays as middle linebacker, as well as a volleyball player.  He discussed the mental strain of being a student athlete.     

”My biggest struggle is trying to have enough mental strength after practice to get my work done,” Wright said. 

To combat this mental strain, he tries his best to stay organized and ready for the next day’s work.

“I make sure to plan ahead and prepare the night before, as well as staying in constant communication with my teachers so I know what I need to do.”  

With a weekly schedule that averages about 28 hours of schoolwork, games and practices, Wright often goes fishing to relax. Though he admits the strain that being a student athlete can have on his ability to keep up on school-work, Wright extends his social life into sports and enjoys spending time with other athletes. 

“Sports makes school harder just because of the amount of time that it takes away from everything else. Socially it helps because you’re surrounded with like-minded student-athletes.” Wright said 

Varsity football player Jacob Lambeth, who plays with Wright on the team, commented on his strengths an athlete.  

Junior Jacob Lambeth, Wright’s friend and fellow football athlete.

“Ethan is definitely the best linebacker in our league, and he’s a great guy” junior Jacob Lambeth.  [/cbtab] [cbtab title=”Michael Hernandez”]  

Senior track athlete Michael Hernandez.

Michael Hernandez  

Senior Michael Hernandez is a cross country and track athlete. He takes AP classes and works part time at Paso Robles Sports Club. With having to juggle so many activities at once, Hernandez has trouble managing his time. 

“My biggest struggle being a student athlete is probably finding time to do homework in between work,school and sports,” Hernandez said. 

He spends around 17 hours a week with sports and homework, not including his hours working at the sports club. Being able to fit homework and studying into his tight schedule requires careful planning and taking every chance he can get to make use of his time.  

“If you have a busy schedule, I’d advise you to take every opportunity you have to do homework and to not procrastinate on anything, also do all extra credit if possible, every point counts in the end” Hernandez said. 

Hernandez’s favorite way to relax after a busy week is to spend time with friends. This goes hand-in- hand with his track and cross country practices, as he considers sports to be a very social pastime.  

“Sports enhance my social life because I practice with my friends. I can make conversation with them and really bond over the sport” Hernandez concluded.  

Fellow athlete Madi Loff spoke on Hernandez’s positive attitude in all that he does. 

Hernandez’s friend and fellow track athlete, Madi Loff.

“He just gets everything done and does it all with a smile on his face”  Madi Loff 

[/cbtab][/cbtabs]