Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Bearcats Reign Over the Royals

Bearcat volleyball beats the royals in three sets

On Sep. 10 the Paso Robles women’s varsity volleyball team united and declared battle in the Gil Asa gymnasium against the Mission Royals and in the end took the throne with a final game score of 3-0. In the first match the Bearcats had to use their mental tenacity to take the win as they were neck and neck with Mission Prep. The nail-biting game had the audience on the edge of their seats until the Bearcats came out on top with a score of 30-28. With their gained momentum from the first match, the Bearcats took the second and third matches in a whirl-wind with scores of 25-13 and 25-16. Seniors Sophie Prieto, Shasta Garcia, and Phoebe Corgiat were prime examples of how crucial the bump-set-spike sequence is to the game as a whole. Garcia had a total of 10 assists as the starting setter, Prieto, varsity’s very own libero had totaled 32 digs, and Corgiat who’s kills made up 43.3% of the team’s total amount of kills had 13 from all three matches. The lady Bearcats are starting off their 2019 Mountain League season 1-0.

Photos by: Maicah Cabello