Ain’t nothin’ but houndogs cryin’ all the time

Bearcat Stunt team vanquished Atascadero Gray hounds 20-0

From high kicks to toe touches, the PRHS stunt team moved as if they were controlled by one mind.  Atascadero tasted defeat on Feb 22., 2018 when they lost 20-0 to Bearcats in the first game, and then had to forfeit the second in the new gym.  Stunt is a game of strength, flexibility, acrobatics, synchronization, and staying in time to counts; in Bearcat’s second year of the sport, the team does this with ease.

With extra flexibility and precision, Junior Maddy Hanauer, Junior Jaz Steve, and Freshman Isabella Druding topped trios and performed extra movements.

On the side lines, the team members not performing a routine would count for those who were, “One… Three… Five… Seven.”  For each count, the Bearcats walked, jumped, and kicked accurately.  Atasacdero did not perform with the same synchronity because it is their first year of stunt; they decided to forfeit the second game.

Stunt was introduced by Coach Tori Loney, who was part of the Cal Poly Stunt Team, lat year.  Loney has worked to make the cheer team the best it can be and is introducing it to other schools.  San Luis Obispo High School, Atascadero High School, and PRHS are the only schools in PRJUSD that have a stunt team, but Loney expects for the sport to reach to all of the district.

[envira-gallery id=”29505″]