La Magia Más Allá De La Frontera

Los estudiantes visitan México y se dan cuenta lo que más les gusta de allí

Español:Haz Click Aquí

English:

One of the second largest racial groups in the US are Hispanics/Latinos. The majority of Hispanics in the United States are Mexican. At PRHS more than half, 55.6% of the students are Latino and the majority are Mexican. Visits to Mexico are very common among PRHS students and they seem to notice the differences with both countries.

Isidro’s Perspective

Jessica Isidro is a sophomore on campus and travels to Mexico once a year. She explains how the cultures of the United States and Mexico have merged because the United States now has a large population of Mexicans, especially in California due to the proximity of the border, there are many shared interests between both ethnic groups. Although she sees a difference between both countries, it is that in Mexico “We are all more united as a community,” said Isidro. She feels there is a greater connection to each other in Mexico than in the United States.

Velázquez’s Perspective

Leticia Velázquez shares how she travels to Mexico twice a year and something that is different is the architecture. She has noticed that all the houses in Mexico are built close together and most are not as modern in design and construction as those in the United States. Another aspect he describes is that the roads are more bumpy in Mexico and not as organized as those here. For example, in certain places crossings become complicated. However, she discovered that something that makes Mexico special is the people, “In Mexico, people wherever you go, it doesn’t matter if you ever see them, they will agree if they have known you all their lives,” said Velázquez. Although both differences now also have more common things, such as the same stores and the same items sold. For example, they have Walmart, Homedepot, Costco and more in Mexico and in the United States they are starting to sell items that were only sold in Mexico, for example certain soaps, snacks and drinks.

Auguina’s Perspective

Héctor Auguina, senior, came from Mexico seven years ago. When he came to the US he noticed many differences and some similarities and some things will never be compared. Something she has noticed since moving here is that there is a great diversity of people from other countries in the United States and the architecture is very different. Although something that makes Mexico unique is,

The people are humble and simple

— Hector Auguina, (12)

Many people sometimes don’t realize how different and similar two places can be at the same time. Progress has been made to make Mexico and the United States more similar in ways that are beneficial. For example, with more progress, Mexico is getting resources to build houses like the United States. The Mexican government has also been working on the construction of new roads. Since 2019, Mexico has started more than 500 new road works and most are close to completion.

As for the United States, Mexico has always had great importance for agricultural food imports, but now it is seen that not only fruits and vegetables are imported from the United States, but also snacks. After going to the grocery stores you can see in the aisles that more and more Mexican snacks are being imported, one of the biggest brands seen here is the Bimbo brand. Over time, Mexico and the United States create more and more their own uniqueness in their country, but they also combine certain aspects that have things in common.