Bearcats Hall of Fame Night Frames the Mission Royals in Fame

Bearcat varsity football loses to Mission College Prep 6-27, becoming 1-2 in league
Rogelio Molina
Bearcats run out on the field at the beginning of the game

Paso Robles varsity football played against the Mission College Prep Royals Friday, Sept. 29, 2023 losing 6-27. This puts the Bearcats fifth in league with a 1-2 record, and a 1-5 overall record for the season so far.

Senior captains James Cogan (#12), Hayden McKenna (#4), Ayman Benbrahim (#62), and Ashton Murphy (#5) lost the coin toss, with Mission deferring it to Paso, and ending the first quarter 0-0. 

Three touchdowns were made in the second quarter. Two by Mission and one by Paso. The Royals were able to make both of the PAT points, however the Bearcats did not make theirs, bringing the score to 6-14 at the end of the half. 

During half-time, there were five inductees into the Bearcat Hall of Fame. They included Jeremiah Cathey, Kambria Doherty, Heidi Sill, Tom Bernal, and Mr. Bearcat, Gil Asa. The varsity cheer team performed a routine choreographed by Emma Roby, senior, and Kayla Degnan, senior. Band performed one of their routines along with color guard led by drum majors Daisy Garcia, senior, and Bethany Lemon, senior. The Advanced dance team performed a routine choreographed by Gabby Silva, senior, Allie Kemp, sophomore, and McKinley Huffman, freshman. Staying out on the field for almost two minutes after the music cut out.

In the third quarter, the Royals made another touchdown and was able to secure the  PAT point leaving the score at 6-21. In the fourth and final quarter, the Royals made their final touchdown, missing the PAT point, and leaving the score at 6-27 this left the Bearcats in a Hall of Shame. 

Paso will play again at War Memorial again for their final home game and senior night Oct. 13, 2023  against the Santa Ynez Pirates. The Pirates are currently sixth in league and have a 3-3 overall record.