Where To Find Your Dream Prom Outfit?

As prom approaches, where are you going to find your dream outfit?

Crimson is here to help in your 2022 prom dress and suit search by evaluating different sites and stores on their timeliness, style variety, affordably, and size range.

Local Shop: most timely

One of the closet in person shops is Luminari Dresses located at 7335 El Camino Real Atascadero. Luminari Dresses is a local shop that carries a large variety of dresses and tuxedos. The sizes range from XXS to a 7X. With affordability in mind shop owner,Mayra Godinez, has a selection of dresses $99 and under. The rest of their collection ranges from $125 to $475. To avoid students coming to prom wearing the same dress, Godinez, keeps track of dresses sold at each school. Godinez advises shopping in person because, “You get to see the real color, get the right size, and see what flatters you best. When you shop online you can’t be sure if your dress will come on time.”

Free Prom Dresses

Business teacher, Breanne Cerda, has collected donated dresses for students to have a cost effective option. All dresses are dry cleaned and available the 8th and 9th of April.

Online Shops

Some online shops recommendations include: Windsor, Lulu’s, Revolve, and David’s Bridal for a wide range of styles, sizes, and prices.

Windsor Store: 1st for affordability

Photo from Windsor’s website.

Windsor is among the most affordable of the shops recommended. The dress prices range from $45 – $100 and has a variety of styles that are on trend. Their sizes range from XS to L. Their shipping takes about a week, however you can pay extra for expedited shipping. Their returns cost around $5 and must be returned within 30 days.

Lulu’s: 1st for style variety

Photo from Lulu’s website.

Lulu’s has the largest variety in styles out of all of online stores recommended while also being affordable. The dress prices range from $70 to $150 on their traditional prom dresses, however you can find dress that are less expensive on the site as well. Their sizes range from XS to XL. Some items qualify for free shipping and returns, and shipping takes about a week to arrive. Packages returned in the first 10 days of receiving the items will get free shipping and after that $7 will be deducted from your refund. They also take exchanges.

Revolve: 1st for timeliness (online)

Photo from Revolve’s website.

Revolve is among the most expensive out of all of the sites due to the fact that they carry designer labels. You can find more traditional dresses under their gown section. Their prices range from $200 to $1,000 plus. Sizes range from XS to XL. Some items are on preorder because they’re from designers, however when an item is not on preorder it ships extremely fast. They have an easy and free return policy. You can also find shoes, accessories, jewelry, and beauty products here to complete your look.

David’s Bridal: 1st for size range (online)

Photo from David’s Bridal website.

David’s Bridal has some of the most extravagant dresses out of all of the online shops mentioned. Lots of their dresses include sequins, rhinestones, lace, and bright colors. The sizes range from 0 to 16. The dresses are on the pricey side, being $120 to $600. Most orders ship out in 24 hours! To return your dress with a full refund you must return it within a week.

Suits

For suits, ties, dress pants, dress shoes, and more it is a good idea to look into a suit rental. A good option is The Black Tux suit rental. You can choose from a wide range of styles and colors; as well as accessorizing your outfit with ties, pocket squares, and dress shoes. You put in your measurements and what items you would like and they will send you your package 10 days before your event with the option to exchange items. 2 days after the event you should return your rental.

Photo from Black Tux Website.