Lady Bearcats Claw Down Ridgeview High

Girls Soccer is here

Haunted by injuries, Girls Varsity Soccer was able to pull through with a 2-0 win against Ridgeview High School on Wednesday, Dec. 15 at War Memorial Field. Senior Reese Kobayashi set the ball down on the corner, prepared herself for the kick and off she went- she sent a dime to the front of the goal where freshman Hannah Bourgault wove through defenders to intercept the pass and poke it with her head right by the goalie and in for a goal.

Senior Jasmine Solorio said about the win on Wednesday, “Our team’s ability to keep good spirit and sportsmanship, along with being able to finish the ball to get us goals, was a big positive to our win.”

Even with the plague of injuries, the lady Bearcats ability to finish the ball and have a brick wall defense was the reason for their shutout 2-0 win over the Wolf Pack.

“We’ve had lots of injuries on our team. At our last game (against Bakersfield) we only had 3 subs, where we should have had much more. We’ve been plagued with injuries during preseason.”

Hannah Bourgault, 9
Freshman Hannah Bourgault pushing the ball up the field.

“The team played well. Everybody really stepped up to another level of play to cover for all of our injuries and playing restrictions.”

Jaclyn Bullard, 11
Left to right: Keira Tresky (11), Hannah Freygang (10), Ludwika Ledezma (10), Jaclyn Bullard (11).