Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

SPLASHING THEIR WAYS INTO THE RECORD BOOK

Seniors Reily Lowry and Kaitlyn Hebrard set water polo school records, cementing their legacy at PRHS

SENIOR STANDOUT: Reily Lowry (12) poses during senior night. Lowry is a critical part of the water polo team, and is a huge scorer for them.

Senior Reily Lowry put up astronomical numbers Mon. night, scoring 10 goals on the night accompanied by two steals and one assist. These 10 goals put him over the previous school record of 119 goals in a single season, making Lowry the new school record holder with 120 goals. The following night, Lowry scored another seven goals, bringing his season total to 127 goals.

“The whole team was trying to help me achieve this goal…they knew I needed 10 goals to beat the record, and my coach kind of put it on them, saying ‘today, it’s about Reily,’” Lowry said.

“The moment that I threw the ball into the back of the net on my last goal washed away all that stress and tension on my shoulders, and I feel like my team could sense it. It was the definitely the best feeling I’ve had in water polo.” 

-Reily Lowry, 12

Lowry aspires to continue his passion for water polo in college, but wants to pursue a good education as well. Lowry is still deciding on a college to continue his passion for water polo.

Senior goalie Kaitlyn Hebrard also broke the girl’s water polo for most blocks in a season, with an insane 320 saves over her 25 games played. Hebrard’s saves are outstanding in comparison to other high school goalies around the country, with an average of 63.2 saves. Hebrard currently ranks 70th in the nation as a player.

Boys water polo is currently third in league with a 7-6 record and is set to play against Redwood High School this Thursday. Girl’s water polo has a league record of 2-8 and play Reedley in their first CIF game this Saturday.