Club Expo: Bearcats Back In Action

Laughing students and informative conversations filled the quad during the 2021 Club Expo on September 10. The expo was a success in spite of the challenges such as split lunches and difficulty communicating. The event was initiated by Kalani Gaviola (10) who is the leaderships clubs and organizations director, “Getting all the clubs set up went smoothly and we were extremely impressed with the turnout. It really felt like kids were giving clubs and chance and, really, that’s all we could possibly ask for!” Gaviola said.Students in leadership set up tables during 3rd period for clubs to decorate and fill with information about their organization. There were complications with the split lunch schedule and getting students out of class in time to set up and participate, but there was still a very good turn-out. With this being the first in-person club expo in about 2 years the campus was ecstatic to be seeing student organizations out and in action again,

“All the teachers were super excited to get their clubs out there and sort of start getting going again it’s been a couple of years since we’ve had a Club Expo, and I thought we had really good student turnout I looked around the quad, and like look like a majority of the students that were in the quad, were actually over at Club Expo at some point, looking at all the different things that could get involved in. So I felt really good about it.” -Leadership teacher Jennifer Bedrosian 

There is already another club expo being planned for January to re-engage students after the holidays and celebrate what the clubs have been doing throughout the year.  According to Martinez the main goal of club expo is to get students connected with the school and engage in something they’re interested in.

[envira-gallery id=”47685″]

Josie Crank (09)

“I would say it was a success we ran out of our first round of fill out sheets , we noticed that seniors obviously were more willing to buy their yearbook . And i think telling them that buying their yearbook now would save them lots of money for the future was a persuasive line. It was successful and a lot of people seemed exited , one thing i thing would have helped our booth was a game we’re you could win candy like some other booths but other than that it was great.”

Saul Bautista (10)

“It was really fun and I got to see a lot of people there which was nice. It wasn’t as fun as when I was in 8th grade but it was nice to see what clubs the school had. I also joined equality club.”   

Elijah Mayo (10)

“I thought it was a good turnout, and it was pretty fun.” 

Renelle Willis (12)

“I think that club expo was helpful and beneficial. As someone who is both a leader of a club and a student who wants to join clubs as well, learning about different clubs I didn’t know we had and as for the existing clubs, I got to know more about what they do. As for the club i’m involved in and lead, it was really cool to see kids come and ask what the club was about and we got a lot of sign ups.”