CIF Mens Soccer:Bearcats Versus Stockdale High School

Number ten beats a Stockdale midfielder and takes the ball down the left side.

An air of intensity filled the field on Feb 11 at the start of the first round of CIF. The whistle blew and the Bearcats stormed into enemy territory possessing the ball for roughly 80 percent of the game, hunting for the chance to put the ball in the back of the net. The Bearcat’s success in this years CIF may have been short lived but their victory against Stockdale was nothing to scoff at. Passes flew and shots were taken.  As the ball was dribbled up the right side of the field a pass was sent into the center.

Stockdale’s defense was able to clear it out and the Bearcats took the corner kick. The ball flew into the fray, all the player’s eyes were set on the opportunity to score. The ball dropped and in the chaos was kicked into the bottom left corner. The Bearcats score! A few minutes later, after a tense back and forth between Stockdale and the Bearcats, the ball was once again sent up the the right side of the field with a perfect through ball to striker Sergio Hernandez which resulted in a ricochet off the keeper and another beautiful goal for the Bearcats only 35 minutes into the first half.

Number 10 scores a goal by ricocheting the ball of the keeper and into the net!

At the 40 minute mark the ball was reset and the second half began. What followed was another few minutes of tense back and forth with the ball traveling from one side of the field to the other at a rapid speed. Finally halfway through the second half the Bearcats scored again, practically sealing their victory for the first game of CIF. With the end score at 3-0 the Bearcats were victorious and Stockdale High School was utterly dominated. Sadly the next game didn’t go so well, the Bearcats lost to Madera South 2-4, putting an end to their CIF run.