LONEY LEAVES US LONELY

Tori Loney leaves after working in the district for 17 years

One, two, three, go Bearcats!!! Loud cheers and screams in War Memorial Stadium echoed with the memories of seven vibrant years. This year, Tori Loney, the spirited cheer and stunt coach as well as a PE teacher is departing. Originally, Loney worked at the district for 10 years and later worked at PRHS for 7 years as a PE teacher and also a cheer/stunt coach.

She reminisces about the countless moments of joy shared with her students, each year bringing new faces along with new stories. As a stunt and cheer coach she experiences students themselves. “You’re coaching, not just during the couple hours of practice, but you’re having to deal with teenage drama and emotions and personalities and you’re dealing with teaching students not just those life lessons, but how to manage through all of those different parts of growing up and becoming a young adult,” Loney said.

From spirited pep rallies to successful victories, PRHS has been the canvas of her passion, painted with the colors of community, enthusiasm,and tradition. She finds herself on the threshold of a new adventure, she will be assistant principal at King City High School. “That I’m not really leaving, I’m still living in our community.

I’m excited for new things. I think it’s important that we always challenge ourselves to try new things and do something that scares us that maybe might be a little difficult and they should, you know, push to do something exciting in their life,” Loney said.

Loney reassures her cherished community that she’s not truly leaving; her heart remains woven into the fabric of Paso Robles. The decision to embrace new horizons isn’t merely about to start on a different path—it’s about embracing the spirit of courage and growth. It’s a reminder to her students, and to us all, that life’s greatest adventures often lie beyond the familiar shores of comfort. “I think it’s important that we always challenge ourselves to try new things and do something that scares us that might be a little difficult and they should, you know, push to do something exciting in their life,” Loney