Attendance Office Moves

Attendance Office move to the College and Career center opens other departmental moves at PRHS
Attendance Office Moves

Students arrived to the Attendance Office on the morning of November 28 and found a big sign that the Attendance Office had moved to its new home the College and Career Center. The moving of the Attendance Office exposes other departmental moves happening on the PRHS Campus after the end of winter break includes the Wellness Space and ELD classroom.

The moving of the Attendance Office provides a safe way for parents to enter the campus without the worry of other non-parents/students entering the school. The attendance office roughly sees approximately 125 students a day giving out passes based off of monthly attendance. 

The relocation ends a nearly 40 year stretch for the office. Also it is another sign of change brought my Fletcher’s new principalship.

“In previous years a parent would have to walk into the main office, then walk through the office, and then be on the other side of campus in order to dismiss their son or daughter, which is fine, however at the same time, it’s also very easy for a stranger to do the same,” Principal Megan Fletcher said. 

This move also helps students easily grab off campus passes and head out the gate. 

Where will the College and Career Center move to as they are sharing a space with the Attendance Office as of now?

Fletcher appreciates feedback from students on these new moves ahead, “If you are having a positive or negative experience with this move, please do let us know because we want to hear from students and make sure that we’re adhering to your needs,” Fletcher said.

The College and Career Center will move to its old home the Wellness Space with its previous furnishings, though there were other ideas as to where the college and career centers new home would be. They did look into the ASB painting closet as a home for the College and Career Center, but they decided against due to its size. They also looked into having a classroom, which would be too small for the guests coming from colleges, which ranges from 40 to 50 kids in there at a time during guest visits.

In addition to these moves expect nicer spaces throughout these departments as they will be revamped come spring semester. 

After winter break, students will be notified as these departmental moves happen throughout the PRHS campus.