Re-opening of the Salad Bar

PRHS re-opens it’s salad bar after it closed down for COVID and it’s improving the health of many Bearcats.
Has having a salad bar been more positive for students? Some have been noticing a positive impact of the new salad bar which was introduced the third week of school. 

The lunch staff decided to re-open the salad bar after it had closed when COVID began. This decision was made  because they noticed that there were outstanding lines that stretched past the railings to get lunch. Therefore, opening this salad bar would provide a new place for students to get lunch. . Additionally, the new salad bar offers in increase in more healthy options for students. Such as creating a salad with lettuce, carrots, olives, pickles, cheese, croutons, chicken, ham, and many more toppings for a salad.

“The number is definitely higher here than in the windows, because they know that they can get more choices here,” Robin Mayo, one of our lunch staff, said. She refers to how more students now prefer the salad bar and getting more greens and fresh food.

Overall it has been a positive improvement and addition to the campus.