JV softball falls to Righetti’s Warriors 6-11

The junior-varsity softball team battled through a game of six innings,  and series of small fumbles, ultimately led to  a loss against their rivals, Rhegetti. The warriors had a slow start, as our lady bearcats entered into their second inning winning with a score of 4-2. 

The two on the scoreboard switched to a three, initiating the third inning as freshmen Chloe Van Pelt pitches perfectly into the glove of her catcher Leila Rodriguez with a small cloud of dust and a loud slap of the leather glove, informing the batter that she had swung and missed. The third inning went in a blink of an eye as the warriors snuck home, scoring two runs which led to a tie of 4-4 by the fourth inning. 

Morale may have been lost by the end of the fifth inning as the stress of loaded bases and a slight fumble by the lady bearcats resulted in six warriors to run through home base until the bearcats were able to take advantage of a high ball that they caught, resulting in a third out for the warriors.

An amazing hit by sophmore Hanna Rowe allowed two bearcats to slide home before the sixth inning, and game ended with a score of 6-11 with Rhegetti eventually winning the battle.