Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Captains Corner

Captains+Corner

BOYS WATERpOLO

LEAGUE STATS: 7-7, 4th in Mountain League

I have learned that in this sport teamwork is key and that no matter what nothing can happen without teamwork and good communication. – Brown

No one can be a hero, our team does not function when one person works alone, it takes everyone to win games. – Severson

Michael brown and nolan severson

GIRLS WATERPOLO

I have learned the importance of compassion. In order to truly lead a team to victory a captain must have the knowledge of when to be hard on a team and when to be compassionate and chill. Your whole life is not a sport. This team is not just something for you to lead but it’s a family. Learn to love it not hate it.

Leanna Reed

girls tennis

Being able to keep others in mind and how your actions will affect them is important not just in the sport but in life. Keeping a positive supportive environment positive that’s something I learned and I carried out when I became captain.

Rose Marie Ortiz

football

LEAGUE STATS: 5-2, 3rd in Mountain League

What I’m most proud of our team is our ability to embrace being the underdogs. We are always ready to step up and go hard until the games are over. The advice I’d give is to put everything you have into your craft. Set your goals high and exceed them, and never become complacent.

LEO KEMP

CHEER

As a captain, teammate, and player I’ve learned so many things but, the most important is that being a good leader and teammate go hand in hand. As a team leader it is necessary to remember that you are apart of a team, and continue to work just as hard or even harder than those around you. In order to improve not only as an individual, but as a team it is necessary to work hard and persevere through any setbacks.

miranda martinez

girls golf

LEAGUE STATS: 4th in Mountain League

I am so proud of the perseverance of the team. Each week we went out to new courses and even if we weren’t having a good day, the whole team pushed through and got through the round with a positive attitude. This team is composed of the most dedicated and optimistic people and I am so proud of the atmosphere that the team has. No matter what kind of day you are having you give the game your all and if it doesn’t work out, you keep your head high and you let the day go and work harder for the next week.

kaci wagner

BOys cross country

LEAGUE STATS: 4th in Mountain League

A good leader can manage and lead those under him but are also humble and sincere. Encourage your teammates because as the captain your words can carry more weight and I believe it’s in the team’s best interest for you to use those words to give advice especially to the underclassmen who don’t know the difficulties of cross country.

joseph martinez

girls cross country

LEAGUE STATS: 2nd in Mountain League

As a player, I learned that even if I don’t have a good race, I’m going to be their for the girls who did and talk about how great they did. I love to help them with their strategies in the race and help them be comforted.

Sydney moore

girls volleyball

LEAGUE STATS: 8-6, 3rd in Mountain League

Always be positive and lift each other up when someone is down. It is more important to make sure everyone stays positive and have energy than have skill. Energy wins games. Always try and be a leader even if you aren’t the loudest most outgoing person you can still be a leader. And always support your teammates.

Kylie stroud