Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Casey and Quinn Martin

Twins face the balance of work, surf, and school 

Dynamic Duo, Casey and Quinn Martin Pose as They Venture to Huntington Beach for Their First Surf Trip

Identical twins share identical problems according to PRHS Juniors Casey and Quinn Martin. These hardworking twins battle through quarantine by breaking out of their comfort zones and getting their first jobs while discovering new hobbies along the way. 

During the start of September, Quinn applied for his first job at Target and was hired. Quinn began working around five to six hours a day, averaging 26 hours a week.

Coming home with the big bucks, Quinn’s success influenced his twin brother, Casey, to apply to Kohl’s as a stock-replenisher as well. 

New Jobs Lead to New Interests

With both twins now having jobs and working long hours, they decided they should invest into a new hobby. From the encouragement of their friends and Dad, Casey and Quinn both decided to throw themselves into the world of surfing. 

For the twins, surfing was a great upturn during these difficult times. Both boys agree that surfing has strengthened their bond as brothers and helped keep their sanity with the countless assignments and work online school has to bring.

“In a way, if it wasn’t for Covid-19 and us going into lockdown, Casey and I wouldn’t have gotten out of our comfort zones and found new hobbies like surfing and trying out new things,” Quinn said.

As all things were starting to go well for the twins, an unforeseen wave of countless deadlines and missing assignments crashed and their grades took upon a massive wipeout.

“Online school for me has been rough, I had to quit my job at Target because my grades were suffering. At the moment I’m upset, but I do believe it will motivate me to work harder on school and get my grades up.” Quinn said. 

http://https://youtu.be/dd4aQ6TFL_o

Quinn Martin Proves his Video-Editing/Making Extravaganza With Old Clips of Him and His Family Soaring on Snowboards Down the Slopes of an Icy Mountain

Shreddin’ Through School Troubles

By the time December 2020 rolled in, Casey and Quinn have been thriving during these difficult times and getting their grades up to prime.

With Casey looking forward to buying a new 2005 Ford Ranger and Quinn purchasing a $1,400 laptop to fulfill his passion for video editing, both twins strive to accomplish what most highschoolers can’t. Quinn is now in pursuit of progressing his skills in surfing and continuing to make thrilling edits and videos with his friends.

“Working and balancing school and my job was definitely a challenge at the beginning. But I feel now that we’ve all experienced and lived through this pandemic for almost nine months so far, it’s been way easier now to figure out my schedule and what works and not,” Casey said.

Casey Martin stands proudly in front of his newly purchased 2005 Ford Ranger

Time for work

Outlasting with out-of-home activities, Casey is now perfecting his work-to-school schedule and putting his head in the books to become a scholar. With the parallel support from their parents and their personal grit to improve their GPA’s, the twins are now in search for a more suitable job that will last them throughout their high-school years. 

Creatively adapting to the Covid-19 struggles that many high-school students face such as loss of motivation and isolation, both twins have discovered ways to suppress these quarrels by finding new hobbies to entertain and challenge themselves for the better.

[button color=”white” size=”normal” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”https://www.crimsonnewsmagazine.org/2020/12/23/survivors-2020/”]Back to Survivors 2020[/button]