Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Mackenzie Ruppe

Mackenzie+Ruppe

After spending six months living in a travel trailer with her family, Mackenzie Ruppe’s quarantine didn’t seem so bad.

Camping and getting a taste of the outdoors can be a fun vacation with friends or family, but the Ruppe’s took it to the next level. 

Freshman Mackenzie Ruppe and her family of five spent six months crammed into a travel trailer while waiting for their house to be built.

“We were living in the trailer thinking we would only live there for a month. But that turned into six months.”

Aug. 2019 through Jan. 2020, Ruppe, her little brothers, (who are in 3rd and 6th grade) and her parents made the most of the little trailer which they called home.

“My little brother slept on the couch. I slept on the dinet. My mom and dad slept on a bunk bed and my other brother slept on the top bunk.”

The tiny space Ruppe shared with her four other family members got old pretty fast. 

New year move in

When January finally rolled around, and their new house was move-in ready, Ruppe was more than excited–mostly about not having to sleep where her family ate dinner.

The Ruppe family poses in front of their temporary home.

“We moved in on a Wednesday, I distinctly remember that.” The Ruppe family has spent the past 11 months comfortable in their home, where they have property, and plenty of room for their dog to run free.

“It’s so nice! Now I get my own bathroom and room.” Ruppe said. Decorated in shades of teal, Rupee’s room and bathroom is almost as much space as her home was in the trailer.

Thankful now

Mid-March when COVID-19 put the world into quarantine, Ruppe was just grateful. Knowing quarantine and her first semester of high school could have been so much worse if her family was still in the tiny trailer.

“I had gotten used to being in a closed quarter, so quarantine wasn’t as bad as it could have been.” Ruppe said.

Ruppe began her freshman year in her new home, and has already integrated herself in the Bearcat lifestyle. She has gotten involved in the leadership class, and plans on trying out for the swim team and stunt team.

[button color=”white” size=”normal” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”https://www.crimsonnewsmagazine.org/2020/12/23/survivors-2020/”]Back to Survivors 2020[/button]