Kalib Khan

Sophomore at PRHS adapts to a new addition to his family and frequent changes in work, sports, and school.

Kalib Kahn, post-school shutdown hair.

With many students failing classes and dropping old commitments Kalib Kahn shines like a diamond in the rough. Since the school year has ended he not only kept himself afloat but thrived: adding a new sport, new job, and even a new niece to his life.

The Careful, Calm, Collected, Approach

Despite the changes and difficulties that come with distance learning, Kalib has managed to raise his GPA by almost  0.5. He claims to have accomplished this with a calm collected approach to education.

“School changed a lot obviously. I mean it’s just like harder to do everything you know like teachers and all that, but I’m still trying to maintain the right grades and everything”, Khan said. 

First and Trying Times in Football

A late-season can be difficult especially for a newcomer. Kalib has to study plays and practice in ways off the field that were not always expected of him. The timing of this season may even affect his ability to play his second sport, basketball.

Kalib 2019-2020 basketball season.

“Sports change dramatically because our season doesn’t start for a while (football) and you have to train a lot harder and everything so we can get back. And this is my first year so I have to work two times harder,” Khan said.

New Friend in the Family

Kalib looks forward to getting to know his niece, though with the way his life is managed right now timing can be a struggle.

“I’m excited to spend time with my niece. She’s a new person in the family,” Khan said.

“You just have to keep going at it cuz soon it’ll all be over, but it’ll all be worth it if you keep maintaining the pace… It’s like something you want and you have to go get it because no one’s going to get it for you…You just want to be the best you, so you have to go do all the stuff just to be the best you.”

Kalib Khan: On how to survive

[button color=”white” size=”normal” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”https://www.crimsonnewsmagazine.org/2020/12/23/survivors-2020/”]Back to Survivors 2020[/button]