Swinging his way out of highschool

Senior Will Stroud lives up to his name with a tremendous high school baseball career.

Living up to the Stroud name, senior Will Stroud has always proved excellency through being a well rounded athlete. Stroud started high school by playing football, basketball and baseball, but baseball has always been more prominent in his life and he has been playing the so called great American sport since he was 5 years old. He has committed hours of practice and dedication to the red clay and grassy fields of PRHS sports.

Stroud’s 2018 season landed him a great season playing shortstop with a batting average of .404 and a total of 20 RBI’s.

“I have enjoyed playing baseball ever since I was young. Baseball has taught me the value of hard work. It has given me the value of hard work. It has given me the opportunity to compete and become closer with my friends. Most importantly it has taught me to be resilient and mentally tough,” said Stroud.

Stroud has been on the PRHS baseball team when they have won league once and have gone to CIF all four years.

Strouds sophomore year of high school, he tore his ACL and had to refocus his athletic ability to only baseball. Which this decision has seemed to pay off through his ability to play Varsity baseball all 4 years of highschool.

Strouds leadership can be seen through his interaction with his teammates on and off the field.

“Will has always shown extreme determination and passion when it comes to baseball. Just watching him you can tell that he puts his full effort into everything he does in order to prepare himself to perform well in games. Not only does he consistently work hard, he also pushes others to compete and play at their max effort,” said friend and teammate Bradley Tews.

Stroud has major shoes to fill as his father Derek Stroud, who happens to be his coach, was inducted into the PRHS Athletic Hall of Fame on October 1998 for his athletic achievements throughout his career. Including his years as a professional athlete playing for the Chicago Cubs for three years and the Angles for another three years.

“Will is a hard working player, he is a true team player,” said twenty year high school coach, Derek Stroud.Stroud chose to commit this spring to continue his baseball career at Azusa Pacific University.

Back to Bearcathletes 2018