MINI SPOTLIGHT: Tristen Salgado

Three sport athlete and Bearkittens Leader closed out his high school years with memories from these four years and advice to younger classmen
    MINI SPOTLIGHT: Tristen Salgado

Not only  a leader at this school, but a leader of the future. Three sport academic scholar, Tristen Salgado demonstrates as an example not only to his peers, but future Bearcats.

Throughout Salgado’s high school career he has participated in three  varsity level sports: football, basketball, and track. With 449 yards ran and four touchdowns this past season, football has been a main focus all four  years of Salgado’s athletic career.  Football has taught Salgado determination and grit, putting in a lot of  work, especially during the offseason to better maximize his capabilities.

“So I think sports have just given me a way to challenge myself more than just academically. It combines, you know, that physical aspect with also having to think, so that challenge has just been really fun to try to access,” Salgado said.

Tristen is highly involved in the Child Development Pathway (Bearkittens) where he represents as a role model and teacher to potential future bearcats. Salgado originally took this class by accident last year, and decided he enjoyed it so much he would take it again his senior year.

“It’s like the greatest thing I could have done all year. It’s the high point of every day, I swear it’s like the greatest thing ever,” Salgado said.

In completion of 17 AP, Honors, and Cuesta classes while sustaining a 4.3 GPA, academics have shown to be a focus in Salgado’s life. Along with  developing academic leadership, Salgado was nominated by teachers and veterans from the American Legion as one of the top leaders at PRHS to be a participant in Boys State, a program that gives top incoming seniors a perspective on practical operation of government.

With 4 years of high school  wisdom, Salgado gives advice to his peers and future bearcats:

“Everyone wants it to be a popularity contest, but it doesn’t have to be and people really don’t care. And if they do, then, that’s their problem, but I don’t think anybody should take high school too harshly on themselves,” Salgado said.