Pioneer Pride

PRHS Bearcats represent their school spirit at the 2023 Pioneer Day Parade.
Pioneer+Pride

The 93rd annual Pioneer Day parade began at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 15, 2023, with the lights and sirens of the police and fire trucks that started off the parade. 

The first Bearcat sighting was senior Kayla Degnan  who was crowned Pioneer Day Belle cruising along in a blue convertible waving to the crowd that lined the streets of downtown. 

The PRHS marching band and color guard were at the parade playing their instruments and tossing their colorful flags for the crowd of pioneers. Next up the cheerleaders were cheering on past and present bearcats alike. 

The Bearcat mascot was also there sporting a #2 jersey and waving to Bearcats past and present. The PRHS football team was there waving to fans and waving US flags as they rode down Spring Street in their jerseys. 

SkillsUSA was spotted waving to fans atop haybales and representing the many CTE pathways at PRHS. 

PRHS FFA was riding in a float decorated in blue and gold balloons and holding up FFA letters to show their school and agriculture spirit.

“It shows our school spirit to others that might not have kids at the high school or just aren’t as involved anymore,” senior and first-year audience member Kaylie Toby said.

Other students not involved in, band, cheer, football, SkillsUSA, and FFA were either in the audience clapping for the many floats during the parade or a part of other important groups in the Paso Robles Community. The Pioneer Day parade shows past and present Bearcat pride as they wave to fans in their various decorated floats.