Possessing an Essence in Gil Asa

Students get amped at Pep Rally from performances by dance, cheer, and band teams
Chloe Van Pelt
Junior Homecoming Court, Brandon Clements and Reese Jaureguy, walking down the red carpet.

Dim lights and chatter set the scene on the early afternoon of Sept. 15. The students’ anticipation captured in Gil Asa Gym led up to the games, performances, and Homecoming Court announcements that would happen over the next hour for the nearly 2000 Bearcats that ushered through the dimmed doors.

This was the pep rally that amped up students for the football game later that night against Righetti High School, and summoned them to the Homecoming Dance the following day, Sept. 16.

The assembly began with a quick letter assortment game played by the teachers, but soon transitioned into the announcements of homecoming court. 

Proceeding the revelations of homecoming royalty, the PRHS Cheer Team, Dance Teams, Band, and Color Guard Team were all able to display their talent in acts that had much preparation.

Sophomore Jazmin Villareal, who is currently in her second year of the Advanced Dance program, described how the team felt. 

“I think the team did very well. We’re all really happy with how we did and I think that practicing the routine so much showed when we performed,”  Villareal said.

During just a 50 minute time period, the gym was able to occupy such an energy that was able to energize students for the upcoming events.