READ ALL ABOUT IT

Time approaches to see the Advanced Dance show with a sneak peek on this year’s reading theme

As spring rolls around the PRHS Advance Dance Show does as well with the program hosting this year’s show March, 9,10, and 11, 2023. The show’s theme is Read All About It with dances reflecting issues that may be seen in the media or in a newspaper. Jennifer Bedrosian, who has been teaching dance for 16 years, decided upon the theme with the students in the class, preparing since August for the spring show.

“Read all about it is an upbeat, fun show that features all types of styles of dance from hip-hop, jazz, musical theater, tap, contemporary, and ballet,” Bedrosian said. “It will be checking out different articles of the newspaper while being MC’d by Cade Bigelow.”

Co-President of Jazz and Company, Kylie Stroud,who has been in advanced dance for four years, looks forward to the show each and every year with the difference in themes contributing to the meanings expressed.

We are putting in a lot of hard work and there are a lot of fun dances as well as meaningful. The dances are looking really good and it would be a fun show to see!

Kylie Stroud, 12

Stroud is one of the more elite dancers, having participated in the previous shows this year is different with it being the first year without worries of covid shutting down the show.

The class is made up of 43 students, ranging from apprentice to advanced with many of the students taking classes outside of school to work on their technique. The show has around 30 dances with each of the students being put in many different styles and levels of expertise. Each show last year, with the theme Televised, sold out with the times being 7 to 9. 

For many of the seniors this is their last time dancing at this level, with 20 out of the 43 being a part of the senior experience in dance.Student night is Thurs. Show, March 9, 2023 with a five dollar entry and the other nights are ten dollars. All are welcome to attend!