Spare or Second Heir?

The Duke of Sussex revealed his memoir after the late Queen Elizabeth II death, giving the public an inside look into the family that the world is obsessed with

The royal family, considerably the most famous family in the world, has people everywhere turning heads for a variety of things: talking about the latest edition to the family or what the newest scandal is. But when the secrets of life are revealed to the public from the previous 3rd in line to the throne speaks in regards to his life: how does a girl who is just as nosy about the royal family as most take the book?

Questions have been asked, however, about both the timing and the stories told inside the memoir. With many speculating that the book was released after the death of his grandmother as to not put shame unto her.  With the late Queen helping to raise the two princes of England after their mother Princess Diana of Wales died.

With Harry “airing the dirty laundry” of the royal family the memoir became part of a bigger controversy with the people.

The memoir focuses on three main parts in his life: growing up while facing the past that he navigated, his time (about 10 years) in the British Military, specifically the army, and his meeting of his now wife Megan Markle.

Harry discusses the ups and downs that he has experienced growing up in what most would say was a privileged household. However, Harry does reference that of his late mother, Lady Diana Spencer, and his thoughts on how the media treated her just as they treat Markle. He also alludes to the trauma that he has experienced due to his mothers death constantly being brought up over and over again, never fully being able to grieve.

Overall the memoir brings emotional and personal experiences to the full front of the world’s public, I feel that with that Harry seemed to be brave enough to share, to bring more humanity towards what the royal family has experienced, and to remember that they themselves are human too. I would give this book a 3.5/5 for myself. Some of the pacing parts seemed weird, and at points some stories, I felt, didn’t necessarily need to be included.