Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

HOLIDAY MEALS

HOLIDAY+MEALS

https://youtu.be/UwWkZWHYPs8

GET AN INSIDE SCOOP OF THE HOLIDAYS THAT BEARCATS CELEBRATE 

The white snowflakes falling down from the sky as senior Sayaka Nakashima gets ready to celebrate Christmas. Nakashima says that Christmas is celebrated very similarly like it is in the US. Christmas in Japan distinguishes itself by many people eating KFC for their Christmas dinner. There are two reasons that KFC is eaten during Christmas in Japan. Back in the 70s, the KFC marketers noticed that foreigners in Japan were reminiscing about having turkey during Christmas dinner. Japan didn’t have a lot of traditional Christmas foods, so it was believed that Americans ate KFC during Christmas and it eventually became popular throughout Japan.

As the flowers bloom and the crisp air surrounds Matthew Thaisuriya (10) he prepares himself to celebrate New Years in April with his family. Songkran is on April 13 to April 15 in Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos that marks the start of the Buddhist New Year. There are huge street parties celebrating the New Year as people have a friendly water fight. The water that is thrown around is to symbolize the previous year being washed away to welcome in the new year. A few foods that are eaten are red curry, tom yum soup, and jasmine rice.