Nolan’s News

Nolans+News

As I meander from one class to another, I look around and see wrappers, uneaten buns, and squashed meats. I witness little interactions, pleasantries, which seem to me to not be so pleasant. One student shouts vulgarity, and another responds with something worse, and I can’t help but blame their diet. Perhaps the teen angst that dwells in this school is due to food poisining from a cold burrito, perhaps a stale sandwich – whatever the case I am not happy. As a self-proclaimed aficionado of the culinary arts, I see myself as someone who could give insight on the shortcomings of our school lunches. I looked to my peers for agreement and sympathy on my somewhat controversial opinion and I was met with mixed responses; this did not help. So I went to the source, the lunch ladies, Linda was nice enough to answer my questions, however trivial they were, and what she told me put a stop to my accusations. For she rebutted my apparently foolish claims with logic and reason, traits that tend to elude my everyday life. She told me the behavior of the average student had improved in the recent months due to increased security around the lines, but will this solve the problem, or delay an outburst, a sudden war between peers. Await my answer in the next issue of the Crimson News Magazine.