Viva Las Bearcats

Homecoming week of 2022 followed the Bearcats on his adventures through Las Vegas. 

The week of October 17 – 21 was an exciting and spirit-filled week for the Bearcats that culminated with a Friday Pep Rally, football game, and dance.

Spirit days across the week rallied students around good-natured themes based off famous Las Vegas hotels. Starting off the week was Mandalay Bay, where students dressed up in their beachwear. Then, Hard Rock Tuesday and Circus Circus Wednesday followed as Bearcats wore band tees and wacky wear. Ending off the week was Caesar’s Palace and Crimson Gone Crazy where students wore college/greek gear and crimson wear. If students showed their school spirit and participated every day, they were able to get a VIP bracelet for the homecoming dance. Several teachers gave extra credit to students who dressed the theme.

On Friday, Bearcats went to the homecoming pep rally during fourth period. Led by senior Oliva Wright and sophomore Kenyon Rickson, the rally touched on some of PRHS’s fall sports including football, tennis, cross country, waterpolo, and golf, as well as introduced the homecoming court. It was filled with high-spirited cheerleaders, dance moves from advanced dance, fresh sounds from the band accompanied by color guard, and even a memorable performance from selected teachers.

“I was really excited when I found out I won junior homecoming princess, especially since your family gets to walk you out and I really wanted to walk out with my mom and sisters.”

Madeline Van Pelt
11

2022 Homecoming Court and Nominees

Trae Clark and Anaiah Prado as freshman Prince and Princess
Shane Mullinix and Susan Thomas as sophmore Prince and Princess
Jack Tobin and Madeline Van Pelt as junior Prince and Princess
Senior Samantha Morrill as Football Princess escorted by junior Colton Roth and senior Trenton Roth
Dennis McNerney and Lucy Pritchard as senior King and Queen nominees
Gabriel Mendez and Yamilet Aramburo as senior King and Queen nominees
Cameron King and Madalyn Williams as senior King and Queen nominees

Fans packed the stands at War memorial stadium with excitement to watch Bearcat football play against the Nipomo Titans. The energy was high as the Bearcats came out strong scoring three touchdowns in the first quarter. The Cats kept the heat through the second quarter, scoring one more touchdown and ending the first half with a score of 27-6. 

Vegas Baby: PRHS Advanced Dance captivates the crowd with their homecoming halftime performance

The homecoming halftime show revealed the Bearcat’s journey in Las Vegas with even more performances from color guard, cheer, beginning, intermediate, and advanced dance. Following the show, homecoming court was announced as the audience waited in anticipation to find out who won homecoming king and queen. While the crowd roared, principal Anthony Overton crowned seniors Cameron King and Yamilet Aramburo as our 2022 homecoming king and queen. 

As music and confetti came down the Bearcat Varsity football team took home a win, beating the Nipomo Titans 34-12.  To complete the week, Bearcats went to the homecoming dance in Flamson quad to celebrate the 2022 Homecoming Week. 

Photos by Avery Mathers and Savannah Rickard

Featured Image by Isael Rendon