Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Tyler Woodard: Top of His Game, Top of his Class

Between captaining the Varsity soccer team and spending long nights completing mounds of homework, Tyler Woodard excels at keeping his motivation high and his achievements higher. As the highest academically achieving student in his class, Woodard balances many commitments but the challenges of his busy schedule only drive him to work harder.

“In general I think that my stoic mindset has motivated me to stay on track and not become a victim of circumstance,” Woodard said in regards to the year and a half lack of instruction in 2020-21.

“Even with soccer and other commitments I don’t mind staying up until midnight to finish whatever I need to or study.” 

Finishing off his high school career in six AP classes, Woodard has maintained a 4.83 GPA weighted, and a 4.92 GPA unweighted  for all his years at PRHS. Woodard’s teachers describe him as an intelligent, hardworking student, and natural-born leader.

“He is a quiet, unassuming leader in the classroom who works extremely well with others.   Anytime you have a student of Woodard’s caliber participating the lessons are automatically enhanced by the level of intelligence and insight he possesses,” Econ and Government teacher Matthew Drake said. “It has been an honor and privilege to work with such a dedicated and talented student.  I look forward to hearing great things about Woodard in the future.” 

When he’s not knee-deep in his studies, Woodard dedicates much of his time to many soccer related activities. He was the captain of PRHS Boys Varsity soccer team, participates in club soccer, and coaches special needs AYSO soccer.

Girlfriend of five years Emily Rogers shared her pride not only for Woodard’s achievements academically, but also for who he is as a person. “I’m really proud of him. I’m proud of him for pushing himself so hard and achieving so many great things. I am also proud of the kind person he is,” said Rogers.

After highschool, Woodard will attend UCSD (University of California San Diego) to pursue Aerospace Engineering and interning for the school or an engineering firm.

“I’ve always been motivated by the desire to get into college for engineering, which has driven me to stay on top of my work,” Woodard said.