Having fun at the fair

The entertainment aspect of the California Mid State Fair broken down.

For a summer full of fun, screams, laughter, and even chocolate covered bacon, the teens of Paso Robles know exactly where to go. The 2018 mid-state fair is the pride and joy of this town as it brings people from all over the county and even the state together for twelve days of fun-filled activity, despite the hundred degree heat. But through all the hustle and bustle, the students of PRHS know exactly where they want to be: the rides.
“There’s a lot of different ride variations,” says sophomore Tyler Seidel. “There’s crazy ones and more chill ones so you can do whatever you feel like and there’s something for everyone.”
If you’re in for a more scream-inducing thrill, Tyler recommends riding The Zipper. This ride spins you upside down and around in circles as you hold on tight in your seat. If you revel in the feeling of your stomach flipping, Tyler also suggests trying The Hammer. Feel what it’s like to walk on the sky with this heart-stopping ride.
However, if you’re in for a more low-key ride as many are in the heat of summer, there are still tons of options for you. For example, sophomore Alayna Hernandez suggests trying the new and improved swings, just recently added to the fair. “I’ve never been on anything that high before,” she explains. “It was thrilling. As someone who like heights, but not falling, it was a great alternative to other more extreme rides.”
In addition to the swings, the Hang Glider also provides an easy going relief for many while still getting the joy of spinning in the sky. The Pharoah will also give you a fun, easy time while still giving your stomach a good lurch as you swing back and forth in the giant boat-like seat.
As always, the ferris wheel is a must among many fair-goers. The sky-scraping wheel gives you the best view in the town as you look down at the night lights and overjoyed crowds. Though the heights aren’t for everyone, it’s still a thrilling and picture-worthy time for you and your crew.
Through the heat of the sun, there are still one hundred ways to have a good time in the summer. Thrill seekers and easy goers alike will find something to enjoy at the mid-state fair.