A Super Trooper of a Movie

Get your singing voices ready for the thrill of all musicals

After ten years of fun and spunky songs, hold onto your seats because they’re back with an even spunkier musical sequel. Phyllida Lloyd’s Mamma Mia movie was sure to leave you in a sing along mood, but get ready because here we go again for the sequel.

Set ten years later and directed by Ol Parker, we get to follow all of our favorite characters as they become closer than ever. Through a roller coaster of emotions, we see Sophie grow closer to her mom as she finds herself pregnant in the same spot her mom was with her years before.

The flashbacks showing the contrast between the mother and daughter’s situations show just how close they are, and although Sophie doesn’t know the true identity of her real father, she has all three there to support her through the ride. She has become such a confident young women, portrayed amazingly by Amanda Seyfried, that you’ll never know what’s coming for Sophie and Sky, or what Donna’s best friends will be up to, past or present. Lily James’ portrayal of young Donna was on the spot at every point. Donna’s wild personality and confident need to travel provided such a great storyline as she broke the hearts of two young men, and through her heart into the open only for hers to get broken along the way.

This remarkable remake will not disappoint and you’ll love the songs, new and old.