It’s truly Incredible

The world’s favorite superhero family is back with an action packed sequel.

After waiting 14 years for the highly anticipated sequel, Pixar decided to release yet another Incredible adventure for all ages. Incredibles 2 hit the theaters June 15, with a record breaking 183.7 million dollar opening weekend beating Finding Dory’s 135 million, as the all time top animated movie weekend sales. Director Brad Bird, captivates the audience with an action packed, thrilling, family friendly experience.

Picking up right after the first movie ended, the Parr family, known as the Incredibles, fight an underground threat to the city. The family comes together to defeat and save the city, but the police believe there is too much damage for the super hero’s to continue assisting in keeping the citizens safe.

As all of the city continues to turn against the superheros, there is one character, Winston Deavor, who believes they should not be criminalized. Deavor, business savvy man, and his sister Evelyn introduce a plan to the Incredibles. This plan would allow them to put body cams on the superheros to wait for crime to show how much the public needs their help and make them fall in love with the superheros.

The Deavors only wanted to use Elastigirl (Mrs. Incredible) because they believe she will be cause less destruction than her husband who specializes in strength. So now Mr. Incredible gets to be stuck at home to try to raise superhero kids. With this comes a lot of accidents and long days especially with the little one Jack Jack.

Elastigirl searches for the perfect crime to redeem the superhero’s reputation. While scouting out waiting for the Deavors to give her the perfect spot, she encounters the mysterious supervillain Screenslaver. With the entrance of Screenslaver, Elastigirl must take measures into her own hands and save the world from the dastardly villain.

The strategically placed references to the first movie and thrills of adventure brings out the child in all ages. Bird brings the classic that we all came to love 14 years ago back into a new revamped 2018 experience. Even bringing back characters that thicken the plot.

Incredibles 2 was a very anticipated film that did not disappoint. The improved animations and action packed scenes create something that glue the audience and make them want more. In two hours and 5 minutes, the Incredibles allow not only children but adults to pursue their childhood imagination and save our world.