It’s groundbreaking

Its+groundbreaking

Swimmers and PRHS community rallies as real construction begins

For the swim community in Paso Robles, it’s a big deal to hear about a brand new state-of-the-art aquatic complex coming to PRHS, and getting it started was cause for celebration for more than 100 people in attendance April 9, 2018.

For years the young children in the Paso Robles Community have all taken their swimming lessons at the local city pools, and now PRHS is proud to announce their state of the art stainless steel pool coming right to our campus. The construction of the aquatic complex started on Tues. April 10, 2018 and is planned to be finished by Jan. 2019. The groundbreaking ceremony, held right over the spot that the pool will be built on, was filled with excited swim families, coaches, city council members, board members and many more from the community who came to support.  

“Any time we can have a first class facility on our campus  brings great opportunities to not only the kids, but also great opportunities for our county and community,” said Principal Eric Martinez.

Chris Williams, the PRJUSD superintendent acted as the emcee for the event. He gave brief summaries of what will happen with construction and talked about the layout of the pool complex. He gave specifics, stating that there will be two pools, a warm up and diving pool along with an olympic size 50 meter pool. There will also be additional bathrooms along with girls and boys changing rooms. There will be seating for 600 people along the sidelines and a classroom for the swim and water polo classes.

“We did start on the aquatic complex because it’s the fastest turn around in being able to get something going to show our support for our tax payers, but most importantly have an immediate impact on our culture and community for our aquatic program, our families and our kids who definitely deserve it.,” said Chris Williams at the groundbreaking ceremony on Monday.

The future generations of Paso Robles and other cities in this county will now have a brand new pool that they will be able to use, and PRHS can finally hold our rival on our own home turf for swim and water polo related events.

[siteorigin_widget class=”SiteOrigin_Widget_Slider_Widget”][/siteorigin_widget]