Coco es perfecto

Pixar’s Coco charms audiences with beautiful story, visuals, and score.

[dropcap size=big]T[/dropcap]he beauty of Disney-Pixar’s Coco, winner of the Golden Globes’ Best Animated Feature award, cannot be overstated.The animated film is a celebration of Mexican culture, family, and tradition, and a story of the integration of all of these into modern society. Its stunning visuals are only overshadowed by its lovable characters, and its moving and inspiring plot. Coco proved that the magic of Disney is not only alive and well, but reaching new heights, and it left me beyond charmed and pleased.

Coco has shown to be one of Pixar’s more succesful show stopping animated movies. Audiences were amazed by the animation, soundtrack, and cultural influence.

Coco follows the story of a boy, Miguel, who has a musical passion banned by his family. While they want him to follow in their footsteps as a shoemaker, he wants to become a great guitarist. So he follows his passion and his idol, Ernesto De La Cruz, to the land of the dead, where he connects with his ancestors and is reminded of the value of family and tradition.

Coco is the perfect mix of all the good elements of modern and classic disney-pixar. The movie’s stunning, cutting edge visuals and multiculturalism show the new tricks modern disney has in its toolbox, while its classic lovable characters, wholesome values and heartwarming stories are at their peak. In perfect disney fashion, the plot mixes charming elements children will love and deep moral quandrums and plots that will leave the adults thinking, all in a visually impressive package with an exceptional score (as to be expected from a movie about a musician, but even then it stands out). Coco is clearly one of, if not the, best animated feature disney and pixar have released, and anyone would be well-served to watch it.