Boys Varsity Volleyball Shutout Righetti Warriors For First Win of the Season

Bearcats’ beat Righetti Warriors with a 3-0 win.
Jade Wagner

Bright gym lights, and stands stacked with supporting fans, set an exciting presence on March 5th for the game against Bearcats and Warriors. 

Paso put on a strong performance with a 3-0 win against the Righetti Warriors putting the Bearcats in a 1-4 record for the overall season thus far. 

Starting lineup for the Bearcats consist of Bennet Reed (12), Setter Maxwell Berry (12), Jordan Prowse (12), Ezra Smeltzer (11), Colin Daughtery (10), and libero Bryson Wakeman (12). The first set of the match stayed pretty even between the Bearcats and Warriors during the beginning points. The Varsity Boys began to build momentum by the end of the set where Paso won 25-19. 

Senior Bennet Reed, playing outside hitter, jumps up for attack, slamming the ball down on Righetti. (Jade Wagner )

Paso kept up the momentum in the second set with strong attacks from hitters while making defensive plays to many of the Warriors offensive attacks. The Bearcats closed out the second set with a 7-point lead 25-18.  

Third set stayed more even as both teams were close in points throughout this set. As the set came closer to a close intensity rose as both teams were tied 24-24. Bearcats pulled through to close out the match with a strong final point scored from a hit by Ezra Smeltzer. This would end the final set with a score 26-24. 

Next home game for the Paso Robles Bearcats Varsity Volleyball is Tuesday, March 12 at 6:00pm, where the Bearcats will challenge the Templeton Eagles.