The Love Bell

Single bearcats take a chance on love on the game show “THE BELL”
The Love Bell

February is the month filled with love for couples to give their partners chocolate, flowers, and love letters! Not so much for single students at Paso Robles High School, praying for the day to end their lonely misery. It’s also the perfect month for Blind Date to eagerly introduce upperclassmen: Brooke Lewis (12) Ashley Benami (12), and Natalie Boyd (12) to Cameron Henry (12), Brandon Henry (12), Tristen Salgado (12), and Dakota Rickerd (12), spicing up their single love lives before Valentine’s Day.

Inspired by a viral speed dating show, surfaced through a YouTube channel Cut,  ‘The Button’ is a method to mix, match, and reject individuals for personal and intimate reasons they see fit Witnessing A Love Story- The Button. By pressing the button first, one is essentially rejecting and eliminating the partner across the table. Blind date set up a bell that works on the same terms as “The Button.” It’s an exciting way to engage the upperclassmen on campus and get them to learn about their school and peers.
Many of the contestants had rejected each other in a failed attempt to feel the love between one another. The relationships ended before it could even blossom, cutting their interactions short in lighthearted friendships. Pressing The Bell reveals their fearless will to find another partner.

We’ve been friends for so long, I can’t. I don’t see her that way.

— Tristen Salgado

Two PRHS students, Benami and Henry however, made it through! They started their journey after they clicked instantly. Blind Date hopes to see them again!