Scoggins Says Goodbye

English teacher Marisa Scoggins will be leaving to follow her family to new beginnings in Lompoc

With a heavy heart, Teacher Marisa Scoggins says goodbye to PRHS starting January 2024. She is currently teaching English 2 Honors and Newcomer ELD classes in the English department.

Scoggins started out in Santa Ynez teaching middle school, then switched to high school, and has never looked back; this is her 10th year teaching, and third here at PRHS.
Her favorite class to teach is English Honors, the freshmen and sophomores are her favorite.

“Even though it’s a bigger school I still feel like it’s a close knit community. I kind of love that there’s only one high school because it just kind of forces everyone to be together,” Scoggins said.

At the end of this semester, she will be leaving to follow her husband, who works as a California park ranger, now stationed in Lompoc. The decision between her family and work was a simple one to her, with a 4-year-old daughter to consider.
She will be missed by many students, who, talk fondly of her class and teaching style.

“Ms. Scoggins is really nice because she has a lot of freedom in her class,” sophomore Mason Ruppe said, who is currently in her 5th period English 2H class.

Mason Ruppe, 10
Marisa Scoggins

Scoggins promises to return to visit, but looks forward to the new beginning she will find at a high school in the Lompoc area.