Stunt Wins CIF
Stunt Wins CIF
May 8, 2024

Covid staying for the long run

Coving coming back and is staying the long run with the same symptoms but long lasting sickness

New COVID-19 cases are coming back stronger than the last pandemic even though it never left and still hasn’t got a cure yet. A new variant of covid is known as “Pirol”or “Eris” but mostly is known as BA.2.86.
    Scientists are keeping a look out for BA.2.86 because it carries 35 mutations in a key portion of the virus, which means it is more contagious and has a higher reinfection rate.
    The spreading is like wildfire, multiple people got infected over the last few months during the summer of 2023. Symptoms have shown to be mild at first but later on it escalates to the real virus. Within 48 hours before you actually show symptoms, it can spread but it’s most contiguous in the 5 days after starting your symptom, which can lead to a possible epidemic.
    Vaccines boosters were recently updated in the fall of 2023 by three companies named Moderna, Pfizer and Novavax that produced COVID-19 vaccine boosters targeting the XBB. 1.5 Omicron subvariant. Data collected from”these companies have shown that the vaccines will neutralize the current variants circulating, including BA.2.86 and EG. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) reports that as of December 14, 2021 roughly 85% of adults ages 18 and over in the United States had received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine but 15% remained unvaccinated.
    In every case, viruses never leave but constantly change through mutation and these same changing mutations sometimes result in a new variant of the virus. These changes and mutations can be more contagious than the last virus, but overall viruses never leave.