CLUB FEATURES

CLUB+FEATURES

[cbtabs][cbtab title=”Drama Club”]Drama Club is led by Club President Anya Veech and Jason Scruggs with teacher advisor Marcy Goodnow. The club meets every Tuesday at 1pm on Instagram live. Their goal is to expose students to the world of theater and push them out of their comfort zone. They hope for people to make new friends, learn something and participate outside of the classroom.

ANYA VEECH: This is Veech’s first year being president but has been involved since freshmen year

“This club provides a way for students to feel connected, to feel inspired, and to hopefully feel more confident in themselves,” Veech said. Drama Club’s most recent project was the Virtual Talent Show, where students and teachers had the opportunity to submit personal videos of different acts or talents they had from February 1 to March 1. After all the participants submitted their videos, they would all be compiled together. The video was published for the public to see on March 19.

During club meetings they play games and talk about upcoming events. The presidents or Goodnow interact with their members through the comments and talk about the club’s intentions.

“Participating in our club’s activities frequently requires people to put themselves out there and exude confidence in themself. Whether it’s playing improv games or submitting an act for the talent show, Drama Club provides its members with the opportunity to try new things and forces us all to be a bit braver in every aspect of our lives. “ Veech said.

The connection that Drama club wants to bring its members is to provide a way to stay connected and to remind each other to keep their spirits up.

“The theatre department has been like a home away from home for almost everyone involved in it,” Veech said when asked how it will help students succeed.

“This time in quarantine has been really hard on all of us

since we aren’t able to put on live shows together and feel that sense of unity that we all thrive on,” she said.

Drama club is an opportunity for students, no matter their age or previous experiences, to expose themself to a new environment filled with new people.

“If you want to get involved in something that brings positivity to your life and others! Join an ART!” Goodnow said.[/cbtab][cbtab title=”Jooi Club “]

If you are wanting to get more involved with the community consider JOOI Club. JOOI Club is run by club president Bailey Theisen, teacher advisor Seth Draine and Optimist Advisor Bill Pulma. The club consists of 15 other members, who meet every Monday at 2pm and volunteer for events like toy drives, picking up trash, and fundraisers. Their main goal is to support and make their community a better place.

BAILEY THEISEN: Theisen is a first year president for JOOI club

“We try our best to find the most beneficial community service events for people and places in need, and we work hard together to fulfill that,” Theisan said.

In December they participated in the Toy Drive with the Paso Robles Toy Bank and the Salvation Army to help ring a bell at various store entrances such as Target for donations. They also created a virtual event where they played “Among Us “ with students, and the goal was to promote a fun experience for students to participate in.

HELPING THE COMMUNITY ONE PIECE AT A TIME: Jooi club students during their monthly trash clean up

“We had a pretty good turn out and it was fun to have a few laughs,” Draine said.

JOOI club helps students with their social and critical thinking skills by exposing them to real life problems. They find the most beneficial services that will help other people in need. Their club meetings consist of creating and putting out events that will be entertaining but also help their community. Not only are they gaining personal experience, there are also scholarships that they can get to help them pursue further education after high school.

“It’s a great group of people who only want the best for our community and who all have very positive mindsets. It’s great for working on social skills and bettering yourself as a person,” Theisan said.

JOOI club recently adopted Creston Road with the Adopt-A-Street program. They now have the responsibility of picking up trash on that street once a month.[/cbtab][/cbtabs]